Thursday, June 17, 2010

From one blog to three

As Common Sense Family Doctor approaches its first anniversary, I am pleased to announce that I will soon be writing and moderating two new blogs that you are more than welcome to visit. Common Sense MD, hosted by the U.K.'s Family Health Guide, offers my take on important family health issues such as obesity, depression, cancer screening, and pregnancy concerns. After recently helping to launch the online feature "AFP By Topic: Editor's Choice of Best Current Content" for the journal American Family Physician, I'm planning to roll out an AFP Blog later this summer, featuring expanded perspectives on clinical issues from the journal and guest blogs from leading family doctors.

Meanwhile, you will continue to find original commentary on primary care, as well as occasional creative writing pieces, on this website. On occasion, I may cross-post content that I think would be of interest to the readers of more than one blog, but will be sure to identify it as such. (You may have also noticed that this blog has become a regular source of guest posts on KevinMD.com.)

Although keeping up with multiple blogs will be a challenge, I'm looking forward to continuing to provide an ample supply of common sense thoughts on health and health care. As always, thank you for reading!